|Vistors a day:||99|
|Gower Peninsula - Gower Churches|
The small church located in the village of reynoldston is dedicated to St. George. The origins of the church are ancient and can be dated back as far as the 13th Century but later extensive restorations have left only fragments of the earlier building intact (the chancel's southern wall).
The church has two bells, one of which dates from 1783 whilst the other is of unknown age.
Whilst visitors in search of history may be disappointed in Reynoldston Church, the building does have a certain charm and certainly merits inclusion in any intended tour of Gower's magnificent churches - a particular favourite feature of the church being its stained glass windows, which, although being lauded for their basic design, are of a particularly striking colour.
|< Prev||Next >|